- Sexual battery, as defined in Florida Statutes Chapter 794
- A lewd or lascivious act, as defined in Florida Statutes Chapter 800, committed upon or in the presence of a person younger than 16 years of age
- Luring or enticing a child, as described in Florida Statutes Chapter 787
- Sexual performance by a child, as described in Florida Statutes Chapter 827
- Any other forcible felony wherein a sexual act is committed or attempted
- The person has reported the sexual violence to a law enforcement agency
- Is cooperating in any criminal proceedings against the respondent, regardless of whether criminal charges based on the sexual violence have been filed, reduced, or dismissed by the state attorney
- The respondent who committed the sexual violence against the victim or minor child was sentenced to a term of imprisonment in state prison for the sexual violence and the respondent's term of imprisonment has expired or is due to expire within 90 days following the date the petition is filed
- "Harass" means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person which causes substantial emotional distress to that person and serves no legitimate purpose.
- "Creditable threat" means a verbal or nonverbal threat, or a combination of the two, including threats delivered by electronic communication or implied by a pattern of conduct, which places the person who is the target of the threat in reasonable fear for his or her safety or the safety of his or her family members or individuals closely associated with the person, and which is made with the apparent ability to carry out the threat to cause such harm.
- "Cyberstalk" means to engage in a course of conduct to communicate, or to cause to be communicated, words, images, or language by or through the use of electronic mail or electronic communication, directed to a specific person, causing substantial emotional distress to that person and serving no legitimate purpose.
ROBERT M. FOSTER JUSTICE CENTER
76347 Veterans Way
Yulee, Florida 32097
HISTORIC COURTHOUSE416 Centre Street
Fernandina Beach, Florida 32034
HOURS OF OPERATION
8:30-5:00, Monday - Friday
( Excluding Holidays )
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.