Criminal Court


The Nassau County Clerk and Comptroller’s Office maintains the records, and collects and disburses court fines, fees, and assessments for all criminal court cases filed in Nassau County.

The Criminal Court Department consists of Circuit and County courts.

Circuit Court handles felony cases, which are serious crimes that are punishable by imprisonment in state prison. This category also includes more serious traffic offenses, such as fleeing law enforcement, consecutive DUI charges, and habitual driving while license suspended. Circuit Court also has jurisdiction over all cases in which a juvenile is accused of committing a delinquent violation.

County Court handles misdemeanor, criminal traffic cases, and noncriminal offenses, such as county ordinances, municipal ordinances, and infractions.

Please be advised that Deputy Clerks cannot provide legal advice [F.S. 28.215] and are not authorized to excuse you from attending a court hearing. If you have questions about your case that cannot be answered by simply reading the documents, you will need to contact your attorney.


If you are a person with a disability who needs any accommodation in order to participate in this proceeding, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact the ADA Coordinator at (904)548-4600 press 0, at least 7 days before your scheduled court appearance, or immediately upon receiving this notification if the time before the scheduled appearance is less than 7 days; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call 711.

ADA Contact Information

Phone – (904) 548-4917
Fax – (904) 548-4949
TTD/TTY – Dial 711
E-Mail –

Important Reminders

Once a court date has been set on a misdemeanor case, the Clerk’s Office cannot change it. If there is a problem, you will need to contact your attorney.

A warrant may be issued for your arrest, and any bond that you have posted may be forfeited when you fail to appear for court. If you are arrested because of a failure to appear warrant you may be held in jail without bond.

Criminal case files are available to the public for viewing unless the case has been sealed or expunged by order of the court. A court file that has been sealed requires a court order to unseal the file before viewing contents.

 The packet containing instructions and forms needed to file a petition to seal or expunge a case can be obtained from the Criminal Customer Service Department. For further information, please call (904) 548-4613. The information may also be obtained by visiting the Florida Department of Law Enforcement website.